2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 chicken thighs, skinned and chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
2 lemons, juice only
3 tbsp white wine
55g/2oz tomato purée
290ml/½ pint cream
1 tomato, diced
1. Preheat a large frying pan and heat the vegetable oil.
2. Add the chicken thighs and sauté until browned.
3. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Add the spices. Stir well, sautéing for 2 minutes.
5. Add the lemon juice, white wine and tomato purée. Turn up the heat and leave the liquid to reduce (4-5 minutes).
6. Pour in the cream and simmer for a further 3 minutes.
7. Transfer to a serving plate. Scatter the diced tomato around the plate and serve.