Hungarian Goulash Soup
- 1/4 lb. low-fat smoked sausage
- Vegetable oil spray 1 medium red onion, sliced (2 cups)
- 3 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (1 cup)
- 2 carrots, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 tbsp. Hungarian paprika
- 2 tsp. caraway seeds
- 2 cups fat-free, low-salt chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 lb. russet potatoes
- 2 slices rye bread
Cut sausage into 1-inch cubes. Spray a large saucepan with vegetable oil spray. Saute onion, garlic, celery, carrots and sausage for 5 minutes. Add paprika, caraway seeds, broth, water and potatoes. Bring to a boil, cover and cook 15 minutes on high heat. Toast bread. Serve soup in large soup bowls with toast.
Makes 2 servings.